In July 2013 I founded foodlawlatest.com and started my independent consultancy activity.
Through partnerships with technical experts and other international advisors I can offer a multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdiction approach, to timely answer needs of clients in a globalised environment and on 60 countries in the world.
We are proud to work at the intersection between science, law, business and social sciences.
Our activity includes;
– food law consultancy at Italian, EU and international level;
– food recall/withdrawal from the market assistance and crisis management and communication services;
– food import/export into the EU or toward third countries;
– food fraud prevention and mitigation;
– liaison activity with trade associations and EU/Italian authorities on behalf of clients;
– development of internal procedure for the mitigation and prevention of food frauds, of the consumer’s complaints and of product’s non compliance events;
– trainings for food business operators, competent authorities and third countries on the relevant legislation;
– participation as independent consultant in EU and international agencies funded and co-founded projects;
– provision of newsletters and tailor made legal updates services on Italian and European food law;
– participation to conferences and publications regarding food law on Italian and EU reviews (e.g. EFFL – European Food and Feed Law review, EJRR – European Journal of Risk Regulation, Alimenti & Bevande).
From April 2014 to November 2018 I was acting as Vice President Business and Regulatory Affairs EU at Inscatech, a US based company provider of food fraud intelligence, forensically based vulnerability assessments, and validated supply chain mapping.
I teach food law related matters in several Universities, in particular LUISS in Rome, Alma Mater in Bologna and MSU in US.
I am member of the AIDA-IFLA (Italian Food Law Association) and of the AIBADA (Asociación Iberoamericana para el Derecho Alimentario).
I believe that is possible to provide a new and revolutionary legal aid to food companies, a high quality service at fixed costs, based on:
- quick response;
- certainty of costs and tariffs;
- direct access to the professional and, when necessary, physical presence of the professional into the company;
- optimization of resources and filing systems;
- continuous updating and improvement;
- optimization of sources of information;
- powerful use of IT systems;
- building and maintaining a strong international network;
- an open-mind setting and strong openness to social interaction.
For any request of expertise or speaking engagmement you can reach me through my LinkedIn profile or at the following contacts:
Food Lawyer in Italy
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 27, 10125 Turin, Italy
M: +39.349.5275567 Fax: +39.(0)11.0674767
email@example.com; Skype: avvcesarevarallo
I invite all friends and readers to contact me if they wish to publish original and interesting materials.
I’ll be glad to keep in touch with everyone is involved in the food&beverage business, because I really believe that doing network and sharing our professional experience, as well as the quick access to information, could be the key of every future success.
Help me to improve this website, leaving a comment and answering the following poll:
Cesare Varallo as a Data Responsible gives the users that consult and/or interact with this website notice on the processing of personal data relating to identified or identifiable subjects, according to article 13 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 on the protection of personal data, and explains how they are managed.
PLACE OF DATA PROCESSING
The data treatment related to this website take place at the corporate office and is looked after by me and eventually by technical personnel of the processing office, or others charged with occasional maintenance operations.
The personal data provided by users who request dispatch of informative material (answers to questions, contact requests) are used only to perform the service or provision requested and are not communicated to third parties.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the communication protocols of the Internet.
This information is not collected to identify any user, but by their very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified.
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of electronic mail to the addresses indicated on this website entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender, necessary to respond to requests, and of any other personal data included in the message.
Specific summary information will be progressively reported or displayed on web pages dedicated to particular services and/or processing purposes, and, where necessary there are also requests for consensus.
SECURITY MEASURES OF THE SITE
For the management of the site were taken specific security measures aimed at ensuring secure access for users and to protect the information contained in the site from loss or accidental destruction. The antivirus software used in the management of the site is updated periodically in order to prevent data loss due to the action of viruses. It should be noted that while guaranteeing inside the adoption of special antivirus systems, as well as being a legal requirement, it is necessary for the user to equip your workstation to a system of prevention and scanning against the attack of viruses.
Below is an extract from article 7 of the Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, to remind that you can exercise the following rights:
obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning you, even if not yet recorded, and communication in an intelligible form of the data and of their origin, as well as, the purposes and methods of treatment and the logic applied in case of treatment with electronic instruments;
obtain the cancellation, transformation in anonymous form or blocking of data that need not be kept in relation to the purposes for which the data were collected and processed;
obtain the updating, rectification or integration of your data;
object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, the processing of your personal data, pertinent for collection purposes.
To exercise these rights, you can contact the Data Controller at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
OWNER AND MANAGER OF TREATMENT
The data responsible is Cesare Varallo, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 27, 10125, Torino.