Here there is another interesting notification to the European Commission, regarding a Czech measure implementing mandatory labelling of spirits. The standstill period is expired on 9 August 2013.
“Czech Republic: Draft decree implementing certain provisions of the act on compulsory labelling of spirits
Recent notification to the European Commission* under Directive 98/34/EC*
◊ Notification Number: 2013/454/CZ– End of Standstill Period: 09-Aug-2013:
The draft decree is a follow-up to the statutory authorization under Section 75 of the draft act on compulsory labelling of spirits (passed by the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic in August 2013). The decree will address the issues below, which relate to the compulsory labelling of spirits:
• the design, dimensions, requisites and protective elements of an inspection stamp,
• the properties, composition and method of creation of the identification code on the inspection stamp,
• the method of placement and affixation of the inspection stamp to consumer packaging of spirits,
• the method of ordering, taking delivery of and selling inspection stamps,
• the content and design of an inspection stamp order,
• the data on the inspection stamp identical with the data allowing the excise duty base to be determined,
• the method and form of record-keeping on inspection stamps,
• the method of returning inspection stamps and the sample form for the return of inspection stamps,
• the content and a sample of the report on the results of inspection stamp inventory,
• the content of inspection stamp transport documents,
• the sale price of an inspection stamp as a total of the cost associated with the production of inspection stamps and the cost of storage, record-keeping and distribution thereof,
• the expiry of validity of an inspection stamp, including the method and period for clearing the unused inventory of inspection stamps.
Keywords: inspection stamp – consumer packaging – spirits.
To consult the notification text, see: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/tris/pisa/app/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=pisa_notif_overview&sNlang=EN&iyear=2013&inum=454&lang=EN&iBack=2
* Compiled and edited by Cristina Vidreras, email@example.com. We publish this news for the purpose of disclosing information about notifications to the European Commission under Directive 98/34/EC. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, errors may occur in the communication from time to time because of unavoidable difficulties caused by technical difficulties. In all such instances, we assume no responsibility for any damages or losses that may be suffered by any party as a consequence of such inaccurate information or misprints.
** Directive 98/34/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 June 1998 laying down a procedure for the provision of information in the field of technical standards and regulations.”
(Courtesy of Mr. Luis Gonzalez Vaque and Cristina Vidreras,“Sociología y Derecho del Consumo y de la Alimentación”- Barcelona”).
One thought on “Czech notification to EU Commission: compulsory labelling of spirits”
Very interesting information!