This week on the EU RASFF (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we can find the following notifications:
1. Alerts followed by a recall from consumers:
2. Information for attention/for follow up followed by a recall from consumers:
3. Alerts followed by a withdrawal from the market:
– Foreign bodies: glass fragments in organic nut malt from Italy, following a consumer complaint. Notified by Germany, distributed also to Austria and Czech Republic.
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella enteritidis (presence /25g) in frozen chicken legs from Poland, following company’s own check. Notified by France.
– Heavy metals: mercury (1.4 mg/kg – ppm) in frozen swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from Spain, following an official control on the market. Notified by Italy.
5. Border rejections:
– FCM: migration of nickel (1.1 mg/kg – ppm) from steel pliers for toaster from China;
– profenofos (0.560 mg/kg – ppm) in fresh strawberries from Egypt;
– Salmonella spp. (presence /25g) in hulles sesame seeds from India.