– Mycotoxins: fumonisins in yellow maize flour, following an official control in a non member country. Notification from Switzerland. Origin France (via Italy);
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Listeria Monocytogenes in dry sausages, following company’s own check. Origin and notification from France, distributed also to Belgium;
– Pathogenic micro-organism: Salmonella in raw milk sheep cheese, following company’s own check. Origin and notification from France, distributed also to Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom and United Arab Emirates;
– Allergens: undeclared soya in chicken pate, following an official control on the market. Origin Poland, notification from Czech Republic;
– Allergens: undeclared soya in canned duck and wine pate, following an official control on the market. Origin Poland, notification from Czech Republic;
Between the information for follow-up, we find a seizure for unauthorised irradiation:
– Unauthorised irradiation: radiation in canned crayfish in brine, following an official control on the market. Origin China/Denmark (via Austria), notification from Italy.
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, absence of health certificates for seaweed rice crackers from China, aflatoxins in groundnuts from India, ochratoxin A in dried figs from Turkey, shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in fresh vacuum packed boneless beef from Argentina and in frozen boneless beef and chilled beef from Brazil, high count of Enterobacteriaceae in dried parsley from Egypt, fenitrothion in dried beans from Argentina, formetanate and methomyl in fresh peppers from Turkey, too high content of colour E 110 – Sunset Yellow FCF in custard powder mango flavour from Pakistan, pentachlorophenol in guar gum from India, parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled silver scabbardfish from Morocco, histamine in frozen skipjack tuna loins from Vietnam and cadmium in frozen cuttlefish from Yemen .
About food contact materials, we have an alert for migration of lead in ceramic cups with handle from Poland.