This week on the RASFF database (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we are plenty of recalls from consumers in EU in the alert notification (9):
– Composition: too high content of vitamin B6 in food supplement, following an official control on the market. Origin United States (via United Kingdom), notified by France;
– Composition: too high content of vitamin B6 in food supplement, following an official control on the market. Origin United States (via Netherlands), notified by France;
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella Infantis in food supplement, following a consumer complaint. Origin Germany, notified by Germany, distributed also to Austria, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Romania, Spain and Switzerland;
We have also three recalls, following information for attention notification:
– Industrial contaminants: benzo(a)pyrene and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in low fat cocoa powder, following an official control on the market. Origin China, notified by Hungary;
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella Spp. in chilled organic chicken chipolata, following company’s own check. Origin Belgium, notified by Belgium, distributed also to Luxembourg;
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market of the product:
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella in paan leaves from India, Salmonella and too high count of Enterobacteriaceae in fishmeal from Mauritania, Norovirus in frozen boiled clams and in frozen blanched clams from Vietnam, Aflatoxins in diced hazelnuts and pistachios from Turkey, in pistachios and in pistachio nuts from Iran and in groundnuts from China, Ochratoxin A in red raisins from Afghanistan, absence of health certificate(s) for corn sticks from China, unauthorised substance dichlorvos in cashew kernels from Nigeria, dinotefuran in green tea from Japan, E 451 – triphosphate (on label) unauthorised in chilled raw scallops from the United States, malathion and fenthion in dried white beans from Ethiopia, acetamiprid in aubergines (eggplants) and permethrin in fresh peppers from the Dominican Republic.
For feed, we have an alert notification, followed by a withdrawal from the market:
For food contact materials we have a couple of border rejections: migration of cadmium and of lead from ceramic mug set and of nickel from electric oven from China.