On 9-12 June 2015, there will be the 2015 edition of the Wageningen Summer School in Food Law.
The course leaders will be Prof. B.M.J. (Bernd) van der Meulen (European Food Law at Wageningen University) and Prof. Martin Holle (Food law and administrative Law at Hamburg University of Applied Science) and this fact is a guarantee about the quality of the school. I know them as two of the brightest experts in food law and I am sure that their sharp view on the subject and on the food industry could give you a lot of useful hints.
The course is designed for those dealing with food regulatory affairs, including food quality, safety, product development and marketing in public authorities, food businesses, consultancy, legal counselling and academia. The course will strengthen particpants’ background, develop their knowledge in legal and technical issues and enable them to combine both in practice.
During the 4 days a mix of presentations, confrontation with experts in the field and practical work will enlarge your actual knowledge and skills and enable immediate application in your business.
The following subjects will be covered:
• European Food Law in general
• Product- and process requirements
• Communication – via labelling and about risks
• Food law enforcement
You can find more info on the website and here you can download the flyer.
On 27th October I will be in Rome for the following practical seminar on Food Information to Consumer Regulation, organized in cooperation with Certiquality.
The program will be the following:
9.15 The Regulation EU 1169/2011:
– main principles and changes to the food labelling regimes;
– possibility for Member States to adopt national measures;
11.00 Mandatory information and presentation
– allergens and cross-contamination issues
– legibility and presentation
– other mandatory information
– origin: the state of art
13.30 Nutrition declaration and voluntary indications (Claims):
– nutrition declaration: UK traffic light case study
– nutrition and health claims: a brief explanation of the two different regimes
15.30 Art. 7-8 Reg. EU 1169/2011, responsibilities, fair information practices and controls:
– Responsibilities (art. 8 Reg. 1169/2011)
– Fair information practices (art. 7 Reg. 1169/2011)
– sanctions and official controls structure
16.30 Practical exercise (label compilation)
17.30 Final test
18.00 End of the course
CERTIQUALITY is a Certification Body, accredited to provide enterprises with certification services covering Quality, Environmental and Safety Management Systems, as well as Product Certification. CERTIQUALITY also operates on Food Safety, on auditing Data Security in the EDP systems, and on Professional Training.
Certiquality partakes IQnet(International Certification Network) and issued certifications across Europe, as well as in many other non-European countries.
I hope to see you there!