These webinars are now available recorded in our archives. You can have them on demand – together with accompanying material – writing at email@example.com for more info.
After a successful first round this spring, we are pleased to launch a new wave of regulatory webinars for 2019, namely on EU food labeling, FDA food labeling, comparative analysis of EU vs. FDA food labeling rules and food fraud prevention.
Many more topics will come in the second semester 2019 (e.g. Food Safety Culture, Blockchain, Additives and Flavours, Nutrition and Health Claims) and we are gathering also interests from guest speakers to make our offer as global as usual.
All webinars will be run personally by me.
Duration: 3 h webinar (+Q&A time) to ease the direct interaction. Questions will be made in chat during the webinar, and I will answer during my speech or at the end. If you are not shy you’ll have the opportunity to speak your questions live in the Q&A phase as well.
Presentations will be rich of practical examples from my personal experience and links to the relevant legislation. After the webinar you’ll receive the presentation, together with the recording and a bunch of bonus materials.
The connection will be via UberConference. You can dial in via phone (toll free) or connect with you computer without any install or dial in. After subscription you will receive all the details to access UberConference and test in any moment that you do not have technical issues.
- 30th January 2019: FDA Food Labeling
- 6th February 2019: EU Food Labeling
- 20th February 2019: EU vs. FDA Food Labeling: a comparative analysis
- 6th March 2019: Food Fraud: global regulatory situation and mitigation strategies
All webinars will be split in 2 twin sessions:
- the first one from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Italian time (New Delhi time 1 p.m., Bangkok time, 3.30 p.m. Shanghai time 4.30 p.m.)
- the second one from 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. Italian time (NY time 9 a.m., Chicago 8 a.m., LA 6 a.m.)
In this way, mostly everyone will have the chance to participate without waking up in the middle of the night.
For subscriptions, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating:
- your name and surname
- company name/affiliation
- webinar(s) chosen
- invoicing/billing details (including a tax/VAT/registration number for your company)
Pricing: 200 €/subscription for each webinar (around 230 USD, the 2nd person from the same company/organisation will benefit of a 20% discount).
If you subscribe to all webinars we would offer a 25% discount on the overall price.
Payment should be made upfront.
FDA Food Labeling
- Pro and cons to export in US. How to delineate a winning export strategy, avoiding regulatory pitfalls;
- How to navigate in the US legislation? Practical examples that explains you how the system works and where to find relevant info;
- Competent authorities and applicable labeling regimes (FDA, USDA, TTB);
- Brief ‘to do list’ for exporters;
- FDA food labeling rules: mandatory information on the pack, presentation rules and everything you need to know to reach the compliance for a basic label;
- Statement of identity and Principal Display Panel concept;
- Net weight;
- Ingredients list (compound ingredients rules, additives, flavourings…);:
- Name and address of the manufacturer, packer, importer etc…;
- Nutrition Facts in their new format (mandatory from 1st Jan 2020);
- Other claims and voluntary information usually used on the pack and upcoming news (GMO labeling, definition of ‘natural’, menu calorie labeling, use by/best before…);
- Q&A time.
EU Food Labeling
- Regulation EU 1169/2011 scope and field of application;
- Labeling rules for B2B marketing of food products;
- Labeling rules for e-commerce and distance selling;
- Mandatory information presentation rules;
- Name of the food;
- Net weight;
- Ingredients list;
- Name and address of the food business responsible for the labeling information;
- Who answers of non compliant labels? Legal risks derived from non compliance on the EU market;
- QUID (% declaration of characterizing ingredients);
- Focus on allergens and “alibi” statements (“May contain …”);
- Focus on nutrition labeling (how to derivates the values, how to present the table, mandatory and voluntary formats, exemptions, the alcoholic beverages case);
- Focus on origin labeling and the upcoming EU Regulation on the country of origin of the primary ingredient;
- Trans fats upcoming limitations in food;
- Brief explanation of how the EU law and the national law interacts in the EU (mutual recognition principle and applicability of national law);
- Q&A time.
EU vs. FDA Food Labeling: a comparative analysis
This course basically will examine all the mandatory information that should be placed on a pack in both systems and compare them, spotting all the differences in terms of rules of presentation and application details.
The program is an hybrid of the EU and the FDA food labeling courses mentioned above. It’s open to everybody, but a basic knowledge of at least one of the two labeling systems is strongly suggested to fully appreciate the course.
FOOD FRAUD: global regulatory situation and mitigation strategies
- Food fraud in EU: relevant regulatory framework, case studies and EU Commission initiatives on the topic;
- Key element of the new EU Regulation 625/2017 on official control on the market;
- Overview of private initiatives aiming at food fraud prevention and mitigation in EU;
- Food fraud in US: relevant regulatory framework and FDA stand on the topic;
- FSMA, FSVP and increased transparency on the supply chain;
- Food fraud in China: relevant regulatory framework and case studies;
- How to build an effective food fraud mitigation strategies in your organisations: key suggestions from real life cases.
- Horizon scanning: best tools and source of information available.
Cesare Varallo is food lawyer in Italy and global advisor on food safety, food labeling and food regulatory issues. In July 2013 he founded foodlawlatest.com and started his independent consultancy activity. Through partnerships with technical experts and other international advisors he can offer a multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdiction approach, to timely answer the needs of clients in a globalised environment and on 60 countries in the world.
He proudly works at the intersection between science, law, business and social studies, building bridges between different cultures, stakeholders and backgrounds.
He is a well recognized international speaker and author. He teaches food law related matters in several Universities, in particular LUISS in Rome, Alma Mater in Bologna and MSU in US.
See more on LinkedIn
3 thoughts on “Food Law Latest 2019 webinar program: EU and FDA food labeling, Food Fraud Prevention and more…”
Hi Food Law Latest,
I would like to sign up to all your webinars, but your email does not offer me to do so? Please advise?
Sally Watts ________________________________
Hi Sally, write me on email@example.com
You can do that and benefit of a 25% overall discount