– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Hepatitis A in frozen berries mix, following an official control on the market. Notification from Italy. Product from Bosnia and Herzegovina, produced in Italy, with raw material from Poland, Serbia, Bulgaria and Chile.
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market:
– Biotoxins: Diarrhoeic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) toxins – okadaic acid in live mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis), following an official control on the market. Origin Spain, notification from Italy.
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Listeria Monocytogenes in raw milk cheese, following company’s own check. Origin and notification from France, distributed also to Belgium, Netherlands and United Kingdom.
– Heavy metals: mercury in swordfish (Xiphias gladius), following an official control on the market. Origin Spain, notification from Italy.
Between the information for follow-up, we find a seizure for presence of the very discusse sorbic acid:
– Food additives and flavourings: too high content of E 200 – sorbic acid in precooked shrimps (Parapenaeopsis hardwicki), following an official control on the market. Origin Denmark, notification from Italy.
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, an attempt to illegally import frozen raw scallops (Placopecten spp) for human consumption from Peru, Salmonella in paan leaves from Bangladesh and India, dimethoate in unshelled peas from Kenya, aflatoxins in hot roasted curry powder from Sri Lanka, in peanuts from China, in pistachios from Iran and in groundnuts from Mozambique, peanuts in shell infested with moulds and high content of aluminium in sweet potato noodles from China.
About food contact materials, we have border rejections for migration of nickel in coffee pot from India, migration of manganese in stainless steel kitcheware from China and too high level of overall migration in powder-free latex examination gloves from Malaysia.