– Food additives and flavourings: too high content of colour E 110 – Sunset Yellow FCF in beta carotene capsules, following an official control on the market. Origin China, notification from Hungary.
This week we have done quite well in EU!
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella Agona in frozen turkey meat preparation from Brazil, Salmonella in frozen chicken meat, in frozen boneless turkey and in frozen turkey meat preparation from Brazil, aflatoxins in pistachio nuts with shell from Syria, in roasted pistachios, in hazelnut kernels and in dried figs from Turkey, in groundnuts from USA and in peanuts from China, shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in frozen game meat and in frozen springbok meat from Namibia, bacillus cereus diarrheal enterotoxin in food supplement from the USA and in organic food supplement from India, unauthorised ingredient (Areca catechu; Mucuna pruriens; Sida cordifolia) in food supplements from India, imazalil in oranges from Egypt, carbendazim and flusilazole in Chinese broccoli from China and acetamiprid, imidacloprid and fipronil in green tea from Morocco.
About food contact materials, we have border rejections of grids for electric oven from China, for migration of chromium, nickel and manganese, migration of nickel from toaster (stainless steel grid ) from Hong Kong and migration of lead from hip flasks from China.
- Food recalls in EU – Week 39 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 38 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 37 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food Recalls in EU – Week 36 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food Recalls in EU – Week 35 (foodlawlatest.com)
2 thoughts on “Food recalls in EU – Week 40”