This week on the RASFF database (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we can find one recall from consumers in EU between the alert notifications. The frozen berries linked to the Hepatitis A strike back again.
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: hepatitis A virus in frozen red berries mix, following an official control on the market. Origin Poland (via france), distributed to Italy.
Between the information for attention and the information for follow-up notifications, followed by a recall from consumers:
– Non-pathogenic micro-organisms: chocolate cake infested with moulds, following a consumer complaint. Origin Sweden, notification from Denmark.
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella spp in meat balls, following company’s own check. Origin and notification from Sweden.
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market:
– Biotoxins: Diarrhoeic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) toxins – okadaic acid in live mussels, following an official control on the market. Origin Spain, notification from Italy.
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella in frozen chicken, poultry and turkey preparations from Brazil, aflatoxins in groundnuts from USA and in blanched groundnuts kernels from Brazil, shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in chilled boneless beef from Brazil, mercury in frozen tuna loins from Vietnam, parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled silver scabbardfish and parasitic infestation of frostfish from Morocco, poor state of preservation and poor hygienic state of canned clam from Chile, E 200 – sorbic acid unauthorised and undeclared sulphite in dehydrated carrots from China.
About feeds, we could find an alert, followed by a recall from consumers of a dog food:
– Biotoxins: poisoned dog dried food (suspected of having caused sudden death of approximately 40 dogs) , following a consumer complaint. Origin Spain, notification from France, distributed also to Algeria, Cyprus, Malta and Poland.
- Food Recalls in EU – Week 36 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food Recalls in EU – Week 35 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food Recalls in EU – Week 34 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 33 (foodlawlatest.com)
- “The AME Food Testing Show” by Andy Moreno – Food Recalls in EU with Cesare Varallo (foodlawlatest.com)