– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella spp. in frozen salted chicken breast fillet, following a food poisoning event. Origin Thailand (via Netherlands), notification from Finland;
– Foreign bodies: glass fragments in tomato sauce with fine herbs, following a consumer complaint. Origin Italy, notification from Germany, distributed also to Austria.
Between the information for follow-up notifications, followed by a recall of the product, we find:
– Composition: unauthorised substance synephrine in food supplement containing caffeine, following an official control on the market. Origin United States (via Netherlands), notification from Finland;
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market of the product:
– Suffocation risk as a result of the consumption, whistles candy and lipstick candy, following company’s own check. Origin Belgium, notification from Netherlands, distributed also to France, Germany and Luxembourg;
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella in frozen turkey meat and in frozen meat preparations from Brazil, in hulled sesame seeds from India, in frozen clams from Morocco and in rape seed cake (feed) from Russia, residue level above MRL for oxytetracycline in frozen shrimps from India, malathion in fresh peppers from Turkey, unauthorised placing on the market (Mesona chinensis; Plumeria rubra acutifolia; Microcos paniculata; Chrysanthemum morifolium ramat.; Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch) of herbal beverages from China, via Hong Kong and aflatoxins in groundnuts from China and Brazil, in ginger powder from India and in dried figs from Turkey.
Regarding feed, we have an alert for aflatoxins in palm kernel, from Sierra Leone (via Germany), following a company’s own check. Notification from Netherlands.
- Food recalls in EU – Week 44 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 43 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 42 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 41 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 40 (foodlawlatest.com)