This week on the RASFF database (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we have two recalls from consumers in EU in the alert notification:
– Biotoxins: Diarrhoeic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) toxins in cooked mussel meat, following food poisoning. Origin Ireland and Netherlands, notified by Ireland, distributed also to Italy;
We have also three recalls, following information for attention and information for follow up notification:
– Novel food: unauthorised novel food ingredient 3,3 diindolylmethane (DIM) (synthetic) in food supplement, following an official control on the market. Origin Finland (with raw material from France), notified by Finland, distributed also to Belgium, Estonia, Lithuania, Russia, Sweden and United Kingdom;
– Poor or insufficient controls: inadequate termal processing (prawns) of seafood sandwich filler with prawns, following company’s own check. Origin United Kingdom (with raw material from Iceland), notified by United Kingdom, distributed also to Gibraltar.
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market of the product:
– Allergens: undeclared mustard in chilled spare ribs sate, following an official control on the market. Origin Belgium, notified from Belgium, distributed also to Luxembourg;
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Listeria Monocytogenes in frozen brie and camembert, following company’s own check. Origin Germany, notified by Germany, distributed also to Belgium and Italy;
We have also a seizure of choline chloride 60% corn cob from China for unauthorised genetically modified (Bt63) rice. Notified from Bulgaria.
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella spp. in frozen poultry meat and turkey meat preparation from Brazil, in sesame seed from India and in paan leaves from Bangladesh. Norovirus in frozen, cooked and boiled clams, cooked from Vietnam. Aflatoxins in pistachio nuts and in pistachio kernels from Iran, in pistachio nuts from Turkey and in blanched peanuts from China. Groundnuts in shell from Egypt infested with moulds and dead insects and excrements of insects in dried raisins from India infested with moulds. Absence of health certificate(s) for groundnut chikki from India and for nougat with pistachios from Iran. Fenitrothion in olives from Egypt, formetanate in chilled sweet peppers and fresh peppers from Turkey and clofentezine in peppers from Turkey. Spoilage of chilled white grouper from Senegal, unauthorised substance sibutramine in slimming coffee from Thailand and United States, unauthorised placing on the market (Bidens andicola, Chuquiraga jussieui, Equisetum bogotense, Equisetum giganteum, Lasiocephalus ovatus, Piper carpunya and Tropaeolum tuberosum) of herbal infusions from Ecuador, tebuconazole, tolfenpyrad, flonicamid, flubendiamide, diflubenzuron and chlorantraniliprole and unauthorised substance dinotefuran in green tea from Japan, lufenuron and hexaflumuron in green tea from China and cadmium in frozen octopur.
For feed, we have an alert notification, followed by a withdrawal from the market:
For food contact materials we don’t have any important notification this week.