This week on the RASFF database (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we have one recall from consumers in EU in the alert notification:
We have also one information for follow-up notification, followed by a recall:
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market of the product:
– Industrial contaminants: benzo(a)pyrene and heavy polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in smoked sprats, following an official control on the market. Origin Latvia, notification from Hungary;
– Industrial contaminants: benzo(a)pyrene and heavy polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in smoked sprats, following an official control on the market. Origin Estonia, notification from Hungary;
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in chilled beef shoulder, following an official control on the market. Origin and notification from Belgium, distributed also to France;
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella Enteritidis in frozen raw chicken meat, following company’s own check. Origin Poland, notification from France;
– Pesticide residues: ethephon in table grapes, following an official control on the market. Origin Peru, notification from Netherlands, distributed also to France, Germany, Norway and Sweden;
– Residues of veterinary medicinal products: prohibited substance 17-alpha-boldenone in bull, following an official control on the market. Origin Spain, animal slaughtered and notification from France, distributed also to Greece;
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella typhimurium in chicken breast from Thailand, Salmonella spp. in frozen meat preparations from Brazil and in seasoning mix from India. Shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in frozen bovine meat from Brazil. Norovirus in chilled clams from Tunisia, poor temperature control of frozen prawns from Greenland, histamine in frozen sardines from Morocco. Excrements of insects and live insects in instant noodles and in basmati rice from India. Absence of health certificate(s) for nuts mix from India. Unauthorised novel food ingredient Siraitia Grosvenorii in protein bar from the United States and E 216 – propyl p-hydroxybenzoate unauthorised in food supplement from Brazil. Unlabelled irradiation of dog chew from China. E 385 – calcium disodium ethylene diamine tetra acetate (CDEDTA) unauthorised and unauthorised food additive brominated vegetable oil (BVO) in soft drinks from the United States. Acetamiprid in pepper from the Dominican Republic and in tea from Morocco, acetamiprid and fipronil in green jasmine tea from Morocco, oxamyl in strawberries, dimethoate in fresh oranges and carbendazim in fresh artichokes from Egypt, chlorpyriphos-ethyl in mint from Morocco, procymidone, clofentezine and formentanate in sweet peppers from Turkey, prochloraz in chili peppers from Thailand.
For feed, we have an alert for mycotoxins (aflatoxins) in organic soybeans from Kazakhstan. Notification from Denmark.
For food contact materials we don’t have any notification this week.