Bert Popping and myself about the NIST Conference and the USP/MoniQa conference, both held next week near Washington DC.
Topics? Food allergens and food fraud management. See our last issue of 100″ Food News:
and my full recap about MoniQa conference in Rockville:
On 17th – 18th October you will find me in Copenhagen for this really interesting sectoral meeting (Food Proteins Europe 2019), organized by CMT Events at Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, and run in parallel with 4th Starch World Europe conference.
CMT is a company based in Singapore and with more than 35 years of experience in the sector. I have been their guests in Vienna for the 2nd Starch World Europe and I can tell you that the organization was 100% perfect and I never saw an entire sector at the same table discussing so proficiently.
Alternative proteins are experiencing significant growth with even the meat, dairy industry jumping into the bandwagon. But as companies like Tyson Food, Fonterra make investments into the alternative protein space, they recognize the reality is that overtime culinary expertise, the ability to make great-tasting food, matters more than science. Consumers are looking for ingredients with great texture and taste that meat brings, but also with no compromise.
This and may other topics will be touched during this 2 days conference. I will have the honor to chair the afternoon session in day 1, and I will present on day 2 about “Meat Sounding and Regulatory Developments in Labeling of Plant Based Food”.
Some of the speakers/topics listed:
- Jorgen Larsson, CEO, G. Larsson Starch Technology AB
- Jamie Fortescue, Managing Director Starch Europe, “Challenging Times for EU Starch Producers But Opportunities in the EU Bioeconomy and Protein Plans”
- Dirk Michael Fleck, Senior Advisor Biorefinery, Bühler AG, “How to close the protein gap by 2050 – Solutions in texturized vegetable protein (TVP), insect technology and pulses processing”
- Petr Mensik, Manager – EU Affairs, ECCO – The European Consulting Company, “EU Novel Food Regulation in Connection with New Protein Ingredients”
- Guillaume Daoulas, Head of Strategic Marketing, Ynsects, “Ÿnsect & insects : innovative and premium ingredients”
- Benjamina Bollag, Co-founder and CEO, HigherSteaks, “Growing Meat Products with State-of-the-Art Cell Culture Techniques”
- Susan L. Holdt, Secretary General, International Seaweed Association, “Extracting Proteins from Seaweed & Commercialising it for Food Applications”
- Christian Bartsch, CEO / Founder, Essento, “Establishing insect as a food – our success in Switzerland”
You can see the full program and register at the following LINK.
Meet you in Denmark!