This week on the RASFF database (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed) we have one recall from consumers in EU in the alert notification:
– Foreign bodies: glass fragments (0,5 cm long) in canned green beans, following a consumer complaint. Origin France, notified by Germany.
Between the information for attention we find another recall:
– Pathogenic micro-organisms: Salmonella in organic sultanas, following company’s own check. Origin Turkey, notified by the United Kingdom.
Between the alert notifications, followed by a withdrawal from the market of the product, we find:
– Mycotoxins: deoxynivalenol (DON) in gluten free extruded corn crumbs, following an official control on the market. Origin Czech Republic, notified by Slovakia, distributed also to Poland;
– Pesticide residues: methomyl in grapes, following company’s own check. Origin Peru, notified by Netherlands, distributed also to Belgium, Germany, Moldova, Romania, Russia and United Kingdom;
– Residues of veterinary medicinal products: unauthorised substance malachite green in frozen red cheek barbs, following an official control on the market. Origin Vietnam, notified by Germany, distributed also to Denmark, Norway, Sweden and United Kingdom.
Regarding border rejections we have, among the others, Salmonella spp. in frozen salted chicken half breast and frozen meat preparations from Brazil, Salmonella Hadar in frozen spiced turkey half breast fillet from Brazil and Salmonella Ball and spp. in dried black fungus from Vietnam, shigatoxin-producing Escherichia coli in frozen sheep’s meat from New Zealand, aflatoxins in hazelnut kernels from Turkey, attempt to illegally import pan leaves from Bangladesh, methamidophos in green beans from Kenya, acetamiprid, lufenuron and chlorfluazuron in green tea from China, E 210 – benzoic acid and E 200 – sorbic acid and unauthorised use of colour E 102 – tartrazine in pickled mango from Vietnam.
For feed, we have an information for attention notification, followed by a seizure of compound mineral feed for too high content of fluorine.
For food contact materials we have some border rejections for migration of chromium from stainless steel knives and of manganese from steel colander from China, migration of chromium and of manganese from grinders from Hong Kong, migration of nickel and of manganese from free standing cookers’ grids and dripping trays from Turkey.
- Food recalls in EU – Week 16 – 2014 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 15 – 2014 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 14 – 2014 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 13 – 2014 (foodlawlatest.com)
- Food recalls in EU – Week 12 – 2014 (foodlawlatest.com)
5 thoughts on “Food recalls in EU – Week 17 – 2014”