Dear readers and friends,
another year passed and I have to thank you everyone for the time spent reading this blog, sharing articles and commenting.
As usual, I recap the most interesting topics of 2017 in the first article of 2018. Here below the top 10 articles of 2017, according to the number of clicks received:
- Dual quality food products guidance of the EU Commission – Now what?
A brief exam of the Commission guidance released in September 2017 on this most controversial topic.
2. Food Supplement Regulation of China – Vitamins and Minerals list compared to EU
A special thank you to my guest writer KUN HOU (email@example.com) for this very appreciated comparative table.
3. 1st Food Law in Asia International Conference – Export, Labelling and Countering Fraud
The event was organised on 12th June 2017 in Amsterdam, in cooperation with Lexxion and HFG law firm and it was a great success. For those who enjoyed the event or are interested a 2nd edition is planned for 16th April 2018 in Rome (see link to provisional program) and will be followed the day after by the twin conference “Food Law in US” (see link to provisional program, to be updated soon).
4. Food defense requirements in EU?
Will we see food defense requirements in EU, like in US, in a near future? Nothing changed on the EU Commission side, since the publication of this article.
5. FDA Releases Compliance Guide for Small Businesses under FSMA Intentional Adulteration Rule (Food defense)
Another article that confirms the interest for the above mentioned topic.
6. FDA Extended Compliance Dates for Nutrition Facts Label Final Rules to 2020 and 2021
The FDA proposed this extension for the application of the new Nutrition Facts requirements, from mid-2018 to 1st January 2020 and 2021 (depending on the business size). Formally the extension has not been finalized yet, but it is more than sure that it will be confirmed soon.
7. ‘Natural’ claim in China: an overview and comparison with EU and US
The article provides useful links to my publications on the topic.
8. FDA Recognizes Australia as Having a Comparable Food Safety System to the U.S.
The FDA recognized Australian food safety system as equivalent to the US one under FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act).
9. Summer Academy in Global Food Law and Policy 2017
This one of a kind event attracts always a lot of interest. This year there will be the 10th edition.
10. EU audits – Vietnam not compliant for pesticide residues
You can follow all the blog updates also via: